Are you someone who has been seriously injured in an accident, that too due to the fault of someone else? If yes, you’re entitled to receive compensation to cover your losses and damage caused due to the accident. The process of filing a claim and demanding compensation for your injuries is mostly legal and hence it is often impossible for a layman to complete the process on his own. This is when you might think of getting help from Albany personal injury lawyers.
Does the thought of a lawyer give you goosebumps thinking about the money that you may need to hire him? If yes, you should be aware of the fact that most lawyers work on contingency fees where they don’t charge anything unless they win the settlement for you. So, here is a list of ways in which a personal injury lawyer can give you a winning edge.
A personal injury attorney protects your rights
Regardless of the way in which you have been injured, your personal injury attorney will always focus on protecting your legal rights. As soon as you hire them, they will become the barrier between you and the other people who have been disrupting your peace of mind. As the case progresses, here are a few things you can expect from him.
- When your medical bills keep piling up, the administrative team of your hospital will try to know your plan for paying them
- In case you were involved in a car accident, the police officers and other investigating officers will ask you questions and demand answers
- The insurance company will ask for your statement as they need to analyze whether or not you owe PIP benefits
- If you slipped and fell inside someone’s property, the liability insurance company will try to know what exactly happened
- If you were injured in your workplace, your boss or the HR department will also have a list of questions to ask you
You might feel that you can easily handle all these questions on your own but when you have already become a victim of an accident, you have too much at stake to take things alone. A personal injury attorney will always remain vigilant about every question that is thrown at you and will work his best to settle matters.
Therefore, if you want to be an edge over others, it is better to seek the help of legal representation through a personal injury attorney who has had several years of experience in the field.